Friday 29 November 2013

Evelyn Earth Part 55 "THE FINAL CHAPTER"

“Evs?” he sighed.
                “Yes, yes it’s me, are you alright? Are you in pain?” I said too quickly, my tongue stumbling over the words as they spilled out of my mouth.
                “I…I can’t see. It’s so...bright.”
                “It’s me, I’m sorry I don’t know what it is” I looked down at myself, at my hands that were gripping onto him so hard that my fingers ached. Reluctantly I disentangled my fingers from his ripped shirt and awkwardly tipped backwards so that the blinding light wasn’t covering him.
                “Evs, I think I met the Mother. She was…fat.”
                “Yes” I laughed as tears streamed down my cheeks, “she’s not what you expected huh.” I wiped the droplets from my face with a harsh swipe of my glowing hand. As if in unison Bas raised his own hand and rubbed at his pallid face. He turned his head to face me and narrowed his eyes before covering them.
                “You’re shining” he said, “what the fuck happened, why are you shining?”
                “I connected with the Mother and she made me ...she made me into the same substance as her heart.”
                “Like a diamond? I don’t get it” he coughed. It started off as a few haggard breathes and then escalated to a coughing fit that made him seize up into a foetal position. Small droplets of blood studded the ground around him.
              
  “Bas…” I reached out for him, but he flinched away from my excruciatingly bright skin. It did look sort of like a diamond except diamonds were clear rocks that reflected light. I wasn’t reflecting anything. I was producing white light that seemed to burn the air. As I concentrated on my surroundings I noticed that the air rippled around me as if I were an intense flame giving off heat.
                “Are you God?” Grigori’s small voice cut through the atmosphere. Sebastian’s eyes met mine and for a moment I wondered if he was trying to tell me something. I felt like I should have kept looking at him, but instead I turned away.
                “Yes” I answered slowly as I turned to face the boy. He was still sitting next to Zadkiel’s body, his fingers covered in brain matter. The sight of him disgusted me. How did a child so young become so twisted and corrupted. The Mother’s voice echoed within my head and something inside me clicked. Tumblers and gears shifted inside me falling into places that I couldn’t identify. I felt the world around me lose focus and then come into perfect clarity.
I knew there was something behind me that I needed to reach for and my inner self turned to it and fell into a deep chasm. It felt like the base of my stomach and as I landed there the fluid skin of my dragon brushed past me as it and my snake energy switched positions with my conscious mind.
                I looked through my eyes like a stranger looking into a movie screen and marvelled at the ingenuity of the director.
                I stood up in one fluid motion and raised my arm up in the air. The essence of Grigori’s body tickled the tips of my fingers as his small form rose up like a mirror image of my hand. I curled my fingers inwards and he glided across the space between us. I felt myself completing these actions, but they seemed in no way connected to my spirit.
                “Where are the others?” I asked him.
                “What others?” he squeaked.
                “The other angels. Take me to them” my voice cracked in the air like lashes of thunder.
                “I, I don’t know where all of them are, just a few.” His eyes were bulging in his little head. My skin crawled at the idea of keeping company with something as vile as him.
                “Take me to the ones you know of, the rest we will find.” I looked at him expectantly and lowered my arm until his tiny feet, which had hung suspended in the air, touched the ground. He hesitated for a moment, his eyes scanning something behind me. My eyebrows knitted together and with a frightened jolt Grigori brought his palms together in a gesture of prayer. A warm orange glow spread from his palms to his body until it lapped at the edges of my fierce white light.
                  I allowed for his power to wash over mine, not diminishing it for a second, simply overlapping it and allowing for him to beam me away. As my physical body broke apart into miniscule light particles that were to be whisked away to a far off location my spirit screamed in the pit of my stomach, unheard and unnoticed.
                 Just as Sebastian was left behind in the dust, unheard and unnoticed.

THE END OF BOOK 1
               

No comments:

Post a Comment