Friday 13 September 2013

Evelyn Earth Part 44



He had been an only child living in a big house, so big that he had gotten lost under all the clutter that his parents kept. By the age of fifteen Sebastian had seen nothing interesting in his life. By the time he was eighteen he had still seen nothing worth mentioning. It was as soon as he packed his bags and moved out of his cavernous home in Wales that he began to live his life.
                From that point forward he swallowed everything with abandon. First it was the alcohol, the women and then the drugs. He moved from Wales out to London into a flat with four other guys just like him; young and fearless, but only out for themselves. It was only a matter of time before life seemed to be going down the drain with the left over beer so he packed up again and took a trip down to Australia.
              

                It turned out that he had been up at Surfers Paradise before getting transported inland. Then he spent the next month making his way down south, searching for answers and cleaning up every major power source or land mark he came across.
                He had accomplished a hell of a lot more than I had and as I sat listening to his stories I felt ashamed in front of the Earth Mother. She had given me so much potential and I had wasted it by sitting on my ass and thinking.
                We tried in vain to heal the burns on my body, but no matter how much dark energy we focussed on them they wouldn’t go away. I sighed in resignation, it was getting late and I wanted to get a decent nights rest so the experimentation had to wait until later.
                “I think that house over there is empty if you wanted to take it?” Sebastian said, pointing down to the left.
                “I’m going to sleep here” I patted the dense ground, “I want to be as full of power as possible for tomorrow and that means no beds and maximum connection to the Earth.”
                “I was hoping you’d say that” he grinned at me as he stretched out on the ground. I laughed and looked down at him. He had his arms propped up behind his head and was looking up at the stars.
                “Have you noticed how much brighter they are now” he said. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black faded jeans with black and white original converse shoes. It was something so simple, but it reflected him completely. He was lithe and fast and never craved to be the centre of attention, and that was because he was smart, smart enough to stay under the radar and do what he needed to do.
                “I can’t believe I’ve never asked you how old you were” I said.
                “What does it matter?”
                “It always seemed like such an important question, you know, before.”
                “Twenty three.”
                “We’re the same age” I smiled, “when’s your birthday?”
                “September first.”
                “What?” I said.
                “September the first” he repeated.
                “That’s my birthday.”
                “Really?”
                “Yes, really.”
                “Do you think that’s a coincidence?”
                “Let’s ask Audrey when her birthday is, if she says the same date then we know that we were chosen by the Mother not only because we were loners, but because of when we were born.”
                “Imagine that” he muttered, “She’s crafty our Mum isn’t she.”
                “Yeah.” I moved back a bit and lay down next to him so that our heads were at the same level.
                “Goodnight Evs” he said while still looking up at the stars.
                “Goodnight Bas” I said with a little smirk.
                “Bas?”
                “Yeah, Bas” I giggled, “if you get to use nick names then so do I.”
                “Seems fair.” I saw him smile from the corner of my eye. All it would take would be one touch, if I reached out and touched his arm, his chest, anywhere. I lay completely still. To me it sounded like my breath was so loud that I was puffing, so I held it. I tried to inhale small snatches of air, but I couldn’t concentrate.
                “Evs?”
                “Hmm” I replied.
                “Do you love him?” I lay there stunned for a moment.
                “No” I said barely audibly. I didn’t, I loved a lot of things about Owen, I loved the way he cared, I loved his eyes, I loved his ability to forgive and his strong sense of morality, but I didn’t love him,  “No” I repeated more solidly.
                He turned his head and so did I so that we were looking at each other.
                “You know that I’ll be able to see if you’re lying” he said slowly, painfully.
                “I know.” I turned onto my side and held out my palm. He hesitated before doing the same thing. We were suspended in limbo, both of us facing each other, breath mingling and palms almost touching. I could feel the heavy pull coming from his body. It was a mixture of desire and darkness, both instinctual things wanting to slam into one another.
                I didn’t even make the conscious decision to connect with him, one second we were suspended and the next out hands were entwined and he was pulling me on top of him. Our lips locked together and I felt how soft his mouth was, how it parted for my tongue and responded kiss for kiss.
                My other hand searched for his and we grabbed onto each other, I pushed his arms above his head and felt the rush of life in my veins. I was seeing everything that he was feeling, sensation after sensation. I felt the lust he had held inside him for so long and he felt my need for a connection higher than physicality.
                I was swimming in pleasure and all we had done so far was make out. My whole body tingled with expectation because I knew that nothing I had experienced before could compare to what would come next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment